The shift from working in an office setting to working from home has been a big adjustment for many people. One factor that many homeowners do not consider during these work-from-home orders is potential electrical safety hazards (and how to prevent them).
There are new electrical safety concerns in your home that have not existed before. Randy’s Electric has put together some tips to keep you and your family safe while you are at home.
For more electrical safety tips, contact Randy’s Electric online or call our technicians at 612-470-0914 today!
- Avoid overloading outlets.
- Unplug appliances when not in use to save energy and minimize risk of shock or fire.
- Regularly inspect electrical cords and extension cords for damage.
- Extension cords should only be used on a temporary basis.
- Never plug a space heater or fan into an extension cord or power strip.
- Never run cords under rugs/carpets, doors, or windows.
- Plug in smartly. Make sure cords do not become tripping hazards.
- Keep papers and other potential combustibles at least three feet away from space heaters and other heat sources.
- Make sure you use proper wattage for lamps/lighting.
- Make sure your home has smoke alarms. Test them monthly, change batteries yearly, and replace the unit every 10 years.
For more electrical safety tips to follow while working from home, trust our team at Randy’s Electric – call us at 612-470-0914 or contact us online.